Tuesday, May 01, 2012

The Baling Twine Song

Building the polytunnel, I was using baling twine to lash the poles together. In the course of this process, a song came to me, to the tune of Ken Dodd's "Happiness".

It goes like this:

Ah, balin' twine, balin twine'
Made from PolyPropyline
I thank the Lord this farm of mine
Is held together with balin' twine.


They'll sell you a belt up in the town 
To stop your trousers fallin' down
But my old kecks hold up just fine
With a couple of yards of balin' twine.


Balin' twine &c


A DEFRA man came to our yard
An' put on his brakes a bit too hard
He skidded in a pile of shit
And ended up in the slurry pit


- and how d'you think we pulled him out? Yes -  


Balin twine &c


We had a hippy on our farm
Who didn't mean to do no harm
H forgot to lower the tractor arm
An' broke the lintel on our barn*.


(And how d'you think we mended it?)-

Balin' twine, balin twine'
Made from PolyPropyline
I thank the Lord this farm of mine
Is held together with balin' twine.




You try singing it. You'll find it is easy to learn, a catchy number that lifts the spirits and captures the heart of rural England.

* True story

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The concept with the cable, I believed about that myself, but then again if it is only one bale, I wouldn't thoughts too much.The stress clothing in the carefully thread box

DocRichard said...

John, I don't have the faintest idea what you are on about, and I suspect neither do you? Are you a bot by any chance?